Legal Question in Veterans Law in Virginia

VA disability

Hi, I spent 6.5 years in the army...4 years in a machine gun team in Army Rangers. I got out of the army in 2004 with no physical problems, but recently started having spinal pains. Upon getting an MRI, it was noted that i had a ''mild disc space narrowing and disc desiccation. There is a central disc protrusion compressing the anterior thecal sac.'' I believe that this is the result of carrying heavy rucksacks and marching while I was with the rangers.

I am wondering what my chances of getting a disability is and if you recommend that I get a lawyer.

Asked on 1/26/07, 7:29 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Patrick Tracy Patrick J. Tracy, Esq, P.E.,

Re: VA disability

There is a good probability that you will receive compensation. I has a case similar to this where someone carried a machine gun, M-60 and his rucksack as a grunt in Vietnam. He now receives compensation. Contact PVA or DAV in your area to represent you and file your claim with appropriate documentation.

Good Luck!

Read more
Answered on 1/27/07, 5:34 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Veterans Law questions and answers in Virginia