Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Virginia

Home was it up to myself my sister my brother my sister and brother decided for my brother to stay in the home without my consent or knowledge he has been there for 4 years will not allow me to come there my name is on the deed how can I get him out the home or can I evict him

Asked on 4/14/18, 12:30 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

If this brother's name is on the deed (the one who's been staying in the home) then he

is also a co owner of this property who has as much right to be there as you do or your sister.

You could offer to sell your share of the hone to this occupying brother but if that is not

feasible (for whatever reason) then you could hire an attorney to file a partition suit in

the local circuit court where the property is located which would likely result in a judicially-

ordered sale of the property with the sale proceeds divided among you, your brother and sister.

Office Tel. (703) 838-5577

Read more
Answered on 4/15/18, 7:41 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Virginia