Legal Question in DUI Law in Washington

I am facing a class C felony in Washington State for a DUI. Will Washington typically extradite from another state, such as North Dakota, if I am a resident of that state and decide not to return to Washington to deal with it

Asked on 11/28/16, 5:33 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Stan Glisson Glisson & Morris

It probably depends some on the county. I had a client extradited from CA on a class C earlier this year, and another extradited from PA this year.

So yes, it certainly happens. Further, because it's traffic related, it can place a hold on your ability to get licensed anywhere in the country while the warrant is pending.

Often if you hire a lawyer local to the case, they can work out terms of your return and maybe a resolution to the case to help you avoid being arrested or having to make multiple trips.

Read more
Answered on 12/20/16, 8:34 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Washington