Legal Question in Family Law in Washington

I filed a notice of intent to relocate and the father objected. He submitted a proposed parenting plan. The judge denied my relocation, saying I may move but the child may not. I told father’s lawyer that I am withdrawing my case as I will not move without my child. The lawyer sent me an order denying motion for relocation and asked me to sign it. If I sign this, can the parenting plan change or will it stay the same?

Asked on 6/17/23, 6:09 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Gary Preble Preble Law Firm, P.S.

It should stay the same. But just to be sure, ask the lawyer to add the following language: The parenting plan filed [insert date of most recent parenting plan ordered by the court] shall remain in full force and effect.

If the lawyer does not agree, handwrite the language yourself in the order he proposed. If he will not accept it, file your proposed order (his with your language), attend the presentation and request the judge to add your language.

Read more
Answered on 6/19/23, 10:49 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Washington