Legal Question in Immigration Law in Washington

I want to apply for a us citizenship: i have a daughter with epilepsy; will that help me qualify for a citizenship? I want her to have the best medical attention.

Asked on 8/23/15, 10:47 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Philip Eichorn Hammond Law Group

Hi. You may want to determine your eligibility to become a citizen. Check out section 316 of the Immigration and Nationality Act.

Read more
Answered on 8/24/15, 5:01 am
Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

No, your daughter's medical condition will not help you qualify for Naturalization. You need to make sure you meet the filing requirements, including being a U.S. Legal Permanent Resident for the required period of time. See:

Read more
Answered on 8/24/15, 12:59 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Washington