Legal Question in Immigration Law in Washington

Green card

Hello. My mother came to this country about a year ago on green card and left the country in few months. She is not planning on returning to the states at all because she does not like it here. How do I cancel her green card w/o waiting 10 years for it to expire?

Asked on 1/13/08, 3:09 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Tahmina Watson Watson Immigration Law, LLC

Re: Green card

Your mother can complete a Form I-407 to surrender her Green Card. She may take the Green Card with a completed form to her nearest consulate or may mail it to the USCIS.

Read more
Answered on 1/13/08, 3:54 pm
Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

Re: Green card

"Green cards" are not exactly easy to come by, and, therefore, it would probably be advisable for you to wait a year or so before actually undertaking to cancel your mother's card in case she happens to have second thoughts or change her mind.

Read more
Answered on 1/13/08, 7:40 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Washington