Legal Question in Personal Injury in Washington

product malfunction

If my son sustained a life threating injury due to a part malfunction on a ''Huffy bike'' and i contacted the company via e-mail, a letter and i've tried calling the company but they will not respond to my inquires, would they at least be liable for hospital bills and pain and suffering my son indured? This malfunctioning part is used only on the childrens bikes. my son is now afraid to ride bikes due to this injury.

Asked on 9/10/07, 1:16 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Ryan Nute Myers & Company, P.L.L.C.

Re: product malfunction

I'm a cyclist myself. This sounds like a serious case. If liability can be shown your son is entitled to damages for his medical expenses, pain and suffering and fear associated with riding bikes. I'd be happy to talk with you about your son's case. Consideration should be given to addressing the situation with Huffy and the store you bought the bike from. Please give me a call to discuss. Thanks!


206.398.1188 ext. 104

Read more
Answered on 9/10/07, 1:22 pm
Michael Myers Myers & Company

Re: product malfunction

If the bike was defective--either in its design, manufacture or the warnings provided with it--Huffy is liable for the damages your sun suffered. These include physical and emotional injuries. It's unlikely that you'll receive a satisfactory response from Huffy unless you retain an attorney. Please let us know if you would like to discuss your son's claim.

Read more
Answered on 9/10/07, 1:23 pm
Victor Ro The Ro Law Firm

Re: product malfunction

Dear Sir/Madam:

Based on the facts given, I would like to know what kind of injuries (mental and/or physical) resulted from his fear of riding since the "malfunction" to which you refer. It is very possible that you may have a case; however, it would be in your interest to meet with an Attorney to discuss the injuries in greater depth.

Respectfully yours,

Victor Ro, Esq.

Read more
Answered on 9/10/07, 4:04 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Washington