Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Washington

Just a quick question about my stepfather's will. It states in his will that his children had 60 days to get anything they wanted from his house. It has been 10 years, now they want several things that we have from the house. What can we do? What are our rights on this issue? Thank you.

Asked on 2/02/16, 12:18 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles Cruikshank Cruikshank Law Office-Since 1975

That is a sticky wicket unless the will has a residual distribution clause that states to the effect that "all other property not specifically distributed herein shall go to ______".

Does the will have such a clause?

If I can assist, I will need to see a copy of the will. If that does not exist, perhaps I can find it if you will give me some additional information.

Charlie Cruikshank (206 624 6761)

Read more
Answered on 2/02/16, 2:26 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Washington