Legal Question in Business Law in Wisconsin

I'm trying to open a small technology business. What forms/steps do I have to go through in order to open it up? I also heard there was a grant for a woman owned business. Where would I find the information for that?

Asked on 4/02/12, 8:45 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Marc Adesso DeVos & Zerbst, S.C.

There a number of steps including but not limited to incorporation, drafting operating agreements and protecting intellectual property. From your question, it's not clear if you want to apply for woman owned certification at a federal, state or local level.

Given the various potentially tricky areas your business formation could include, you will likely benefit from the advice of legal counsel. You should talk to an experienced business attorney that you trust and that is willing to work with small businesses in the technology sector.

Read more
Answered on 4/02/12, 10:15 am
Maxwell Livingston Law Offices of Maxwell Charles Livingston

I agree with Mr. Adesso. Moreover, I feel that retaining him would be in your best interests given his talent and expertise.

Read more
Answered on 3/25/13, 12:59 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Wisconsin