Legal Question in Criminal Law in Wisconsin

Disorderly Conduct

Can I get charges dropped if my record is clean?

Asked on 2/08/09, 5:00 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

JAY Nixon nixon law offices

.Expungement of Disorderly Conduct and other Misdemeanors

Sometimes. First offenders who are convicted of misdemeanors in WI prior to their 21st birthday can occasionally get their records expunged after completion of the sentence and avoiding further law enforcement contacts for several years. Otherwise, however, the only way to end up with a clean record is to either "beat the charge" by your lawyer getting it dismissed by a judge or a jury. Sometimes your lawyer may also be able to convince a prosecutor to drop a charge due to weakness of evidence or based upon strong evidence that the defendant has rehabilitated himself. My comments in this online forum are not intended as legal advices: you need to consult with your own lawyer.

Read more
Answered on 2/08/09, 8:32 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Wisconsin