Legal Question in Criminal Law in Wisconsin

I have two traffic warrants in kenosha wis.and a childsupport warrant in racine wis.i want to turn my self in where do i turn my self in first.kenosha is $600 and racine is$2,500

Asked on 1/12/17, 5:00 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

JAY Nixon nixon law offices

That depends upon which jail you like better, Kenosha's or Racine, although you will be transferred to the other jail as soon as your commitment is fully served on either one. Short of that, however, if you can make some sort of a good faith payment on both of these, and keep up with an installment plan on the rest of the amounts owed, you might even be able to get the warrants canceled, and remain canceled so long as you pay as promised. It is rare for anyone to do jail time for nonpayment of a fine in SE WI if they are legitimately trying to do this. Child support can be a bigger problem, but again, those who are truly trying and cooperating with the program do far better than those who ignore the obligation.

Answering this question does not make me your attorney, but you can post comments here for clarifications, etc. You can also see past answers to similar questions on AVVO at . Also see 15 years of past answers at . Answers may both contain and be used in attorney advertising materials. Neither questions nor answers are subject to attorney client privilege and are instead public information openly available on the internet.

Read more
Answered on 1/13/17, 7:40 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Wisconsin