Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Wisconsin

How can a beneficiary of a will receive access to mother's financial documents destroyed by POA? In WI, if a beneficiary strongly suspects fraud perpetrated by POA, what is procedure to obtain house, IRA, CD, stocks, annuities, bank transaction, loan forgiveness, etc.

Asked on 4/05/17, 7:25 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

JAY Nixon nixon law offices

The answer to all of your questions is that your lawyer must first obtain a court order mandating turnover of each of the items you are requesting, if the party will not voluntarily produce them voluntarily. If you can prove some sort of misconduct or fraudulent conversion of assets, your lawyer would also sue for a legal judgment against the perpetrators, and then, if you win your lawsuit, you could get an order assigning the assets you list, if they still exist, to the proper heirs.

This answer is not legal advice and I am not your lawyer just because I answered it on a public website. Feel free to view my past answers to similar questions on AVVO at . Also see 15 years of past answers at and . Answers may contain attorney advertising materials and both questions and answers may be may also be used in attorney advertising.

Read more
Answered on 4/08/17, 7:09 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Wisconsin