Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Wisconsin

My mother is losing her medical insurance because she needs a copy of a living trust. We have no clue how we can get a copy.

Asked on 7/25/15, 8:29 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

JAY Nixon nixon law offices

Why don't you ask the attorney who drafted the living trust if he has a copy available? Is the insurance which she is losing of the medicaid variety? If so, they might simply be attempting to rule out ownership of any assets, and there might be other ways of accomplishing that same goal. Finally, it might be possible to recreate a trust which has been lost, in order to comply with this request, so talk to a different attorney if the one who drafted the trust is no longer available.

Answering this question does not make me your attorney, but you can post comments here for clarifications, etc. You can also see past answers to similar questions on AVVO at See 15 years of past answers at . Answers may contain attorney advertising materials. .

Read more
Answered on 7/28/15, 1:24 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Wisconsin