Legal Question in Family Law in Wyoming

I want to have my child support reduced two of my children have reached majority one in 2005 and one in 2008 I still have one child i will continue to pay on for the next 4 or 5 years. My judgement is from Evanston Wyoming. I asked the child support office their for some help and they told me I would be paying more for just the one child then I am for all 3. .I pay $650.00 a month right now for all 3 children. So my question is will I be paying more or less if I have the 2 children that are of majority taken off. and only paying for one child...It seems like that isnt right advice I was given

Asked on 1/21/10, 12:33 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Thomas Lubnau Lubnau Law Office, P.C.

You can use the child support calculator at to estimate your child support under the current child support guidelines. Net income is your gross income less taxes, social security, medicare, MANDATORY retirement, and support for other children. If you have some idea what your former spouse earns per year, use that number otherwise you can use $1,075 which is roughly minimum wage on a monthly basis.

Read more
Answered on 2/04/10, 5:36 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Wyoming