Legal Question in Family Law in Wyoming

I have custody of my 7 year old Autistic child, have never been married to her father though we have lived together for almost a year. Her teacher has called me to confirm that we are moving to another state. I have maintained that I will not be moving and neither will she. From what was said she has been told that her and her father are moving to the state that his mother lives. What are my rights in regards to this?

Asked on 1/27/10, 1:03 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Thomas Lubnau Lubnau Law Office, P.C.

You need to contact an attorney immediately to ensure that you have a custody order which gives you residential custody of your child. If in fact you do, the child cannot move without your consent. If you do not have such an order it is imperative you obtain a custody order that is based on the best interests of your child, not the wishes of the parents. Good Luck.

Read more
Answered on 2/02/10, 10:54 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Wyoming