Legal Question in Banking Law in India

I am 26 year old house wife. I have one elder sister but no any brother. my father is principal in a goverment college. my father have 3 brother. my father want to give his Property to his brothers. can I take share in my father's property. and how??

Asked on 7/08/13, 2:43 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Jayesh Desai Jayesh Desai
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If it is his self acquired property, legally you cannot do anything. If it is ancestral, you and your sister both are entitled to a share in the same.

If your father does not make a Will, you and your sister will have equal share. And your father should not gift the same during his life time.

Read more
Answered on 7/08/13, 3:40 am
KarVai Legal Solutions Rajiv Gupta 9811284735 Ch.No: 359, Western Wing, Tis Hazari, Delhi
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

if the property is joint then you have an equal share.

thanks and regards

Adv. Rajiv

Read more
Answered on 7/08/13, 10:05 pm
Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed


Dear Madam,

Yes, you are entitled to 50% share of your father's property with your father's wish that his property will be apportioned amongst his two daughters. You cannot compel your father to necessarily do as you wish to, since being the absolute owner, he is free to deal with his property in the manner he best deems fit.


Read more
Answered on 7/08/13, 11:39 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Banking Law questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Banking Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now