India  |  Banking Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/10/13, 5:03 am

can housing finance co give papers to co sharer ?

I have bought a DDA flat in 1998 from DDA, i was main applicant and my mother was co-applicant as i was unmarried. then applied for a home loan from HDFC in my name and mortgaged the property. then after ward i made my mother co sharer in conveyance deed as i was unmarried. i was paying loan then got transferred out of delhi. my mother made some payment in same loan account during my transfer and now she has given letter to bank, not give papers without her consent.

my questions

1. Banker charged 14% fixed for entire period as per agreement done in 1998, when market rate of interest was hovering between 7 - 10 % in these 15 years and term fixed rate vanished from market. Can i challenge the HDFC Ltd for this fixed ROI as per fair practice code & competition act?

2. can banker return the mortgage documents to co-sharer ie my mother, when i am mortgagor? in a condition when i have updated my current address in indore, MP and my mother residing at property address in delhi.

3. can HDFC hold the documents as per request of co-sharer?

4. can Housing finance co can reversed the documents in both names with out my consent? when i wish in my name only & clear full dues myself of HDFC Ltd at indore.

5. what is the role of a banker in this family matter.

Pls give your suggestion on this....

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search