Legal Question in Banking Law in India

mine father took a loan from a bank in the name of mine sister now mine father passed away and sister has broke all realtion with us.

now bank is asking us to pay the loan what can we do

Asked on 6/19/13, 12:21 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

muhamed mustaque mk associates
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

they can proceed against you only if you have inherited property from father

Read more
Answered on 6/19/13, 3:11 am
Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed


Dear Sir / Madam,

The bank is well within their rights to persuade the legal heirs to settle the loan. As legal heirs, you should negotiate a settlement of the loan with the bank and pay it off.


Read more
Answered on 6/19/13, 4:00 am
J. Radhakrishnan independent Practice
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Ifyou don't have any assets of your father other than immovable properties or bank deposits the bank cannot proceed against you,personally.

Read more
Answered on 6/19/13, 5:31 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Banking Law questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Banking Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now