India  |  Consumer Law

Hey

I had bought a phone almost 7-8 months before from now and I have lost the original copy of the bill that I had received from the shopkeeper.

Unfortunately, I have now lost the original bill and I have no copy of it.

I went to the shopkeeper and he tells me that they don't save any copy bills that they give to their customers, and in this case I am not able to resell my phone to anyone legally and its even hard to cover the phone under its guarantee as Samsung Customer Care always wants a copy of bill to give us the service for free.

Also please tell me do I have the legal right to ask to the shopkeeper for the copy of the bill.

And what should I do in the case he again refuse me to give me another copy of bill as he told the same to me last time that he don't have it.

Some of my friends told me that they must keep the records for last 3 years legally, but what can I do in that case if he can't provide me anything for it.

I really need your help.

Thanks allot sir.