Philippines  |  Criminal Law

What are the possible strong evidence for adultery case? What will be the possible defense?my husband and I separated 21 years now He is incapacitated to do marital obligations due to his being drug dependent when he was young. Is it possible for him to file an adultery case even we signed an agreement that we will separate it was notarized by a lawyer and beside that I was 16 yrs old when we got married and he is 23 and he abducted me at that time?

Answered on: 6/20/13, 7:03 am by VOLTAIRE T. DUANO

If you got married after August 3,1988 then your marriage can be declared null and void due to lack of legal capacity to contract marriage. Meanwhile, your husband can sue you for adultery. The evidence can be circumstantial.

VOLTAIRE T. DUANO LAW OFFICE 9th Floor Suit 9N Future Point Plaza 3 No. 111 Panay Avenue, South Triangle, Que Quezon City, 1103