India  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/11/13, 7:59 am

Hello sir,

My friend isa woman got married 6 yrs back, her inlaws always torchuring her for her salary and even husband supported his mil and later they played a game.

they made separate house and made her husband always sitting at his mil's house , as he is a businessmen (Graphic designer) and later he always used to provoke her to quarrel telling by taking mothers name and brothers name

and he was so cunning that every time he used made her to give provision list to provision store and later in the house he used to beat her up telling that i cant spend so much. And always he used to black mail that if i say anything outside he will divorce her and he will take her son of 5yrs after all this mental torchure she attempted for suicide where in her hubby he himself took her to hospital and he again pressured her not revel anything to police.

Now after discharge from hospital, he took discharge summary from her rented house and now he is blackmailing her after 7 months from April -2013\

(ie.,on feb 2014 - marriage of 7yrs gets complete) he will divorce her on the basis of suicide attempt. But she wants to stay with her husband in separate house at lease for the sake of kid and herself.

So, what does the law says in karantaka for this?

If the woman does not sign for divorce what happens?

She dont want to go to court bcoz she dont want to leave his husband?

Can any legally experienced person help us?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search