Philippines  |  Employment Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/02/13, 10:11 am

Hi, I'm Liz. I'm a fresh graduate in college and recently passed my application for employment. Since I was in college, I was been depressed about what I encountered in my wrong entry of my birth certificate. Both my firstname and my middlename have a problem. My firstname is misspelled and few letter errors from my middlename. Now, I'm completing my requirements for my immediate hiring and I'm very much confused of what shall I do in filling up all of these legal forms. I'm pertaining to my personal documents like Social Security System, PhilHealth, Pag-ibig, BIR, TIN. etc.

May I ask if all of these documents are required to follow what's written on the birth certificate? Then what about those who had plan to change their name, is it okay for these company to register their wrong entry of birth? In my case, what do you think is the name will I use? The name I used since childhood or the name written on my birth certificate? Is there any affidavit that allow me to use my name since childhood? If yes, Did they allow to accept this kind of affivadit? Actually, I'm planning to process it when I already have enough savings to pay for those legal transaction. I'm expecting that after graduation I'll be a successful breadwinner in our family because we're lack of financial. That's why also, it didn't allow me to process my document because we don't have money. Hope you can help me. I'm looking forward that you can answer it as soon as possible. Thank you and More power!

1 Answer

Answered on: 7/03/13, 8:16 am by VOLTAIRE T. DUANO

Just visit the local civil registrar where your birth was registered and effect an administrative corrections of the said errors or change of name.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

VOLTAIRE T. DUANO LAW OFFICE 9th Floor Suit 9N Future Point Plaza 3 No. 111 Panay Avenue, South Triangle, Que Quezon City, 1103

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search