India  |  Employment Law

Hi, i was selected in a company, from my college, which have said to train me for 6 months but not give me any salary. After those 6 month they will decide whether to finalize me as a permanent employee or throw me away. After 3 months of free working for them(training was of actually 10-15 days, then they put me on work for there own benefit, without any pay), i got selected in an other company, and run from old company. Now they are forcing me to pay 50000 as the training and selection expenditures by sending notice by an advocate to my home. Please note that I was not an employee and no salary was paid to me. I was working for free for them , thinking i might be selected as an employee after 6 month.

Please suggest me what should i do. Can they file a case against me if i will not answer to their notice to pay the amount. What are chances to my win if they drag me to the court.

Please reply me ASAP.

Ajai Kumar Gupta.

( +91-9811355031)