India  |  Landlord & Tenant Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/01/13, 6:08 am

Hi, i am staying in a housing society in the Vasai-Virar area. i have been a tenant in this society for almost 2 to 2.5 yrs.. My current owner has sold his flat & has asked me to vacate. Now, i have found a similar flat on rent basis in the same society.. The owner of the new flat has agreed to give the flat on rent to me.. However, the society is refusing me to continue in the society & has asked me to leave the society. Is this legal ? & what rights do i have as a tenant ?? Initialy they said, my pet dog was a concern, then they said, pets are not of concern, But according to their society rules, they cannot allow a tenant to continue beyond 2 yrs ..Pls advice ..

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

81 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search