I have a tenant living on rent in my property. Last night his son died due to electric shock. Even though,we have good owner and tenant relations, they might prefer to go into sue me for this. I feel very sorry for the incident happened. I'm even thinking of giving him some kind of benefit or relaxation.
But, Am I held responsible for what happened ? If they file a case, Does the case stands ? What precautions do I take ?
3 Answers from Attorneys
you are not responsible for that, coz maintenance is the responsibility of tenant only.
it is to be seen whether you were negligent in getting the electricity wiring and fitting installed at the tenanted premises.
Thanks and Regards
Dear Sir / Madam,
NO. You are in no way involved with the accidental death of the Licensee's son in your flat. You should only ensure that a Police complaint has been lodged reporting the incident in the local Police station for the Police to prepare their panchanama report stating that it was death due to accident.
Related Questions & Answers
I had bought an unregisterd land.where (jum was practised earlier)which is under... Asked 9/07/13, 12:36 pm in India Landlord & Tenants
Hi, I have entered Into a lease contract for a residential stay for three years in... Asked 9/05/13, 10:13 pm in India Landlord & Tenants
Can a tenent can claim a title by adverse possession? iam the landlord of the house... Asked 9/03/13, 4:26 am in India Landlord & Tenants
We have some grandfather property.my mother also available.i have four brothers and... Asked 8/29/13, 10:11 am in India Landlord & Tenants
How and when can you give notice to tenant to vacate beforeend og tenancy cotract... Asked 8/29/13, 5:09 am in India Landlord & Tenants