India  |  Legal Ethics

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/25/13, 8:47 am


I was working in a company 3 years back where I had signed a service bond of Rs. X amount. This amount was payable to them by me if I leave them before completing 2 years.

Under some circumstances, I had to leave the company within 6 months. Now after 3 years, I got a notice from company's lawyer demanding Rs. X.

1) Should I reply back?

2) If Yes, what should be my reply?

3) If No, can they take me to the court on the basis of this bond?

4) In general, what should be my next step? Is this something to take care of urgently?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

130 Answers given in the last few hours.

8627 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search