India  |  Real Estate Law

Dear Sir,

I purchased and registered the site dimension 40x60ft in Bangalore in 1996. However, the neighbouring property owner has contested the dimension and he has encroached 8ft inside my site. Effectively, my site is now 32ftx60ft. We entered into a compromise arrangement to reduce my site to 32ftx60ft as against the original registered dimension of 40x60ft. The site owners for the adjacent area is different from my original sellers. Pl let me know what sort of document to be registered with Sub-Registrar and also is there any stamp duty for registration since my area is being reduced from the original registration.

Thanks in anticiaption

jayakumar

Answered on: 7/01/13, 11:34 pm by Shrichand Nahar

Stamp duty depends on nature of instrument. Nature of instrument depends on contents thereof. If compromise is in respect of a court matter, have comprise terms converted to consent decree and register such decree.

S.V.Nahar, Advocate Pune, 411004