India  |  Securities Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/21/13, 4:22 am

My uncle had purchased some shares before his death, to which we had no clues. We have been receiving cheques ever since from the company addressed to him. What are we supposed to do if we desire to get those shares transferred to one of our names? We only possess those cheques and no other documents in support of the share holding.

1 Answer

Answered on: 10/21/13, 5:29 am by Santosh Goswami,Advocate

First collect all the information from the company regarding the share. Secondly, only legal heirs will be authorized to take any decision upon his share. And inform the company about his death.


Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

sure shot legal Chamber No. X-35, Civil Wing, Tis Hazari Courts, Delhi New Delhi / Ncr, 121003

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search