Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in India

My sister husband expired last year without leaving a will. She has two minor children. The ancestral house was in name of the husband. What is the procedure by law, if my sister wants to sell the house.

Asked on 7/22/13, 5:09 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Setu Niket Curare Legal
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

She can deal with her share, however with the minor children you have to move to court to sell their share or else the minor child may set aside the sale when they turn 18.

Read more
Answered on 7/22/13, 5:30 am
Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed


Dear Sir / Madam,

Your sister has to first get the title of the house transferred in her name by filing her husband's Death Certificate and completing the process as prescribed by the District Registrar for transfer of title, before being able to sell it.


Read more
Answered on 7/22/13, 10:00 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now