India  |  Wills and Trusts

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/24/13, 8:13 am

X has two daughters A & B. B is married but plans not to have children as the doctor told her that her life span is not more than 8-10 yrs according to GTT test. so X made a will of his self acquired property completely in the favour of A. X also mentioned in his will that since B has planned not to have any children, he is bequeathing all his self acquired property to A completely. after X dies the court grants probate to A. B goes to the court to prove that the fathers will is illegal saying that her decision of having no children is contrary and not related to her fathers decision for not giving her any of his self acquired property.

my questions are:

whether X's will is illegal?

whether B is entitled for any share in fathers self acquired property?

whether the reason written by X in his will is immaterial?

will B get her share or does she have the rights?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search