Legal Question in Disability Law in Alabama

i was just fired from my job of almost 4 years via text message. no phone call, meeting,written warning or otherwise. she said it was due to my attitude and customer complaints. she went on to say that my issues can not carry over into their buisness any longer. she went on to say that they have tried to be understanding but it's causing hem to loose customers. now this is the first i'm hearing of this. my issues that she is speaking of is that i'm bi polar. yes i take medication everyday and yes i carry my issues with me everyday and everywhere. it doesn't just come and go. i have good days and bad days. my question is can i be fired via text message with no warning because i'm bi polar?

Edward Tracy Southern Legal Group, P.C.

A text message is not proper protocol for accountability. Knowing the companies procedure for documenting negative behavior would play a large part in your claim. In other words, compared to other employees did they treat you differently because of your disability. Knowing if you properly filed ADA medical requested accommodations and if this company was in fact able to make them but either refused to or failed to acknowledge the disability all together is also important.

More Disability Discrimination Law (ADA) questions and answers in Alabama