Alabama  |  Business Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 1/07/13, 12:30 am

My dad is one of the shareholder of a private limited company. He is currently ill and wish to exit the business. His partner offer a exit offer but we deem too low. How can a lawyer help in such cases to negotiate for a better offer? Whats our rights and what happens if we cannot agree to the exit offer?

1 Answer

Answered on: 1/07/13, 6:40 am by C. Terry Gregg, Jr.

Get the Operating Agreement of the company. Your father should have a copy. The Agreement should dictate how shares are valuated in a first right of refusal or buyout situation. If the Agreement is silent on this matter, an attorney can walk you through the proper steps in getting a full and fair accounting under the laws of Alabama's Business Entites Code.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Law Offices of Terry Gregg, LLC PO Box 2924 Tuscaloosa, AL 35403

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search