Alabama  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/26/11, 5:21 pm

A warrant issued on complaint, I answered the warrant appeared in court, plead "Not Guilty" was instructed to return on a sequent date which I did and at that time a trial was held. At the close of the proceeding His Honor stated he would render his decision the following Tuesday and for all parties to return at that time.

Upon my arriving the following week I learned His Honor had accepted an appointment to the District Court and a new City Judge had been named and that I would have to return at a later date to stand trial again for the same offense as the former Judge failed to render his decision.

Jurisdiction attached, should a Judgment not be issued by the original Judge???

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search