Legal Question in Family Law in Alabama

DHR is taking my money

My ex-husband has either paid or was garnished money thru department of human resources. I recieved a letter about a payment made or garnised and DHR took all of it. Is this legal?

Asked on 8/07/00, 4:09 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Forrester Forrester & Associates
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: DHR is taking my money

Yes, if DHR is using the money to offset benefits or services you have previously received from the state for the children.

If we can be of assistance please feel free to contact us at Forrester & Associates, 256-435-1007.

Read more
Answered on 9/23/00, 6:06 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Alabama

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now