Alabama  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/26/11, 9:49 am

Malda and Dan are common law married as some would say. They are my in-laws and live with us. Malda has serious mental and health problems and no one here is physcially or mentally able to take care of her any longer. We wanted to have her fully committed to a nursing/old folks home or mental home. We was wondering does her "husband" or us either one have any legal authority to have her committed to a nursing hom/old folks home or would one of her children have to do it? What is our or her "husband"s legal authority in this situation?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search