Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Alabama

Hello, thanks for taking the time to give advice. I worked for a metal roofing company for 5-6 years. I controlled all inslulation and ordering. I filled in for the owner and secretary when needed . Me and the owner had a great relationship. As the economy started to change I knew we needed to expand our buisness. He had no knowledge of commerical building or how to obtain a general contracting liesence. I was friends with a person that was in the buisness and use to have a gc liesence but had went bankrupt . So I talked to the owner about getting our liesence and bidding on commercial work and he agreed. I brought my friend in and introduced them and has him take the gc test for the company. We agreed I would get 20% my friend 45% and the owner 35% of the profit. I had a contract drawn up at a law firm in 09( a month or 2 after we started. It was mainly for my wife to get my 20% if something happened to me. But I didn't get it signed the owner assured me ( we were very good friends and I had no reason not to trust him) that she would or I would get 20% of the profits if something happened. I have state/ federal certified payroll records showing me as a owner. Things didn't work out so I left in 3/11 and they were going to buy me out for $20000.00. It's been 10 months and nothing they say they just don't have it but will pay . A friend approached me in 5/11 needing a gc liesence to due work in the coal mines . I talked to the owner and they got the contract and started working on a 3 million dollar contract for the mines. I talked to him this month and still he is telling me he doesn't have the money. This is after he has spent $75000.00 on a plane $30000.00 for a unground pool and a $100000.00 on equipment. When I confronted him about it he said he will pay at his convenience not mine. Where do I go from here??? Thanks

James Coleman Murchison & Howard, LLC

You need to go to a lawyer with all your paperwork, and sue this guy. This is too complicated an issue to resolve on an online chat. Get to an attorney.

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Alabama

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms