Legal Question in Employment Law in Alabama

Hi. I recently was let go from my job about a little under a month ago. When I went to file for my unemployment..I got a phone call from an unemployment agent saying she had some questions for me about it. My former boss lied to them about why I was let go. When she let me go she said it was because I had not "progressed" far enough for them. SHE told them it was because she asked me to help fix a window display and I flat out refused and sat down and got on my phone! I MOST CERTAINLY didn't do that--and what really happened that day was that I went to change a tuxedo mannequin and inside the mannequin was a HUGE spiders nest..and spiders went EVERYWHERE! I screamed and refused to touch the mannequin! Never once did I get written up for anything. I also didn't get a verbal warning except for one day telling me I needed to hurry up with a particular customer. WHAT do I do? She told me they would take it into review and all..but that's been almost 2 wks...

What do I need to do?

Mari Morrison Mari Morrison, P.C.

You will receive notice when there will be a hearing and should respond in writing to their written notice asking for a hearing.

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Alabama

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms