Legal Question in Legal Ethics in Alabama

I paid my lawyer to take my case back to court.The Judge already ordered what was to be done but the other party refused to obey order. My lawyer stated she filed a petition & stated it was completed but when I checked the court house they informed me that no petition was filed. Should I be allowed to get a full refund because she lied stating she had done something that she hadn't done since I no longer want her representing me.

Santosh Dash Legal Consultant

it may not be possible for you to prove oral correspondence and i think your advocate must have said orally that 'she is doing something/has filed petition'. Instead of filing case against lawyer to get back the money, it will be better to reopen the case against the other party

More Legal Ethics & Professional Responsibility questions and answers in Alabama