Legal Question in Legal Ethics in Alabama

I paid my lawyer to take my case back to court.The Judge already ordered what was to be done but the other party refused to obey order. My lawyer stated she filed a petition & stated it was completed but when I checked the court house they informed me that no petition was filed. Should I be allowed to get a full refund because she lied stating she had done something that she hadn't done since I no longer want her representing me.

Asked on 3/18/12, 9:14 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Santosh Dash Legal Consultant
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

it may not be possible for you to prove oral correspondence and i think your advocate must have said orally that 'she is doing something/has filed petition'. Instead of filing case against lawyer to get back the money, it will be better to reopen the case against the other party

Read more
Answered on 3/19/12, 3:45 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Legal Ethics & Professional Responsibility questions and answers in Alabama

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now