Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in Alabama

Can I still sue?

In 1997 My aunt marie was taken to the ER because she had fallen at work. When she got to the ER. When she got to the ER she was told that they found a sponge inside her stomach that had grown into the inside of her stomach left over from her last c-section which was in 1989. When it happened she had got herself a lawyer here in florida but because she didnt have the c-section here and it was performed in Alabama they said that shed need to go up to Alabama and get a lawyer there or something to that affect and at the time she couldnt afford to be making trips back and forth so she just let it go. Our question is.. Is it too late to try and sue again now?

Bobby Lott, Jr. Attorney at Law

Re: Can I still sue?

Yes. The statute in Alabama is two years from the time of the possible malpractice.

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in Alabama