Legal Question in Social Security Law in Alabama

collection agency

How can I get rid of Salliemae harrassment from my granduaters loan debt? It is 17,000 and I'm 75 years old. She is encarcerated for drug abuse right now

Asked on 1/23/08, 3:50 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

William Nolan Nolan Elder Law LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: collection agency

I assume you are a co-signor on your grand-daughter's student loan? If so, you should contact Legal Services Corp of Alabama- they are in the phone book here in Birmingham. This website won't let us post phone numbers or I would give it to you myself. If you are not a co-signor, I don't know why they would be sharing priviledged credit info with you, so your grand-daughter might want to go after them. Good luck with this. Legal Services should take care of you.

William G. Nolan

Read more
Answered on 1/23/08, 4:13 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Social Security Law questions and answers in Alabama

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now