Arizona  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/24/04, 3:52 pm

Give up Custody, Don't pay Child Support?

My ex-spouse and myself both live in Arizona. 2002, we both decided that to seek child support from each other. However, my ex petitioned for child support in 2003 and it was granted Feb '04. We have two children. Since our divorce my ex has requested that I give up my custody of the boys because he has remarried. Since our latest court hearing, I have lost my job, drained my accounts and my ex has enforced child support payments. Our court hearing is July 6th. I am now considering giving up custody because the fight has nothing to do with our children. If I give up my parental rights in exchange for not having any financial responsibility. Will the court grant this decision? My ex had already proposed this request to me after the child support order was granted. Also, can my ex come back at a later date and request child support?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search