Legal Question in Criminal Law in Arizona

im being charged with hindering prosecution. I was a victim of aggravated assault and decided to press charges on my ex-boyfriend for breaking my nose. After the incident I had no contact with my ex, until the detectives working the case asked for my help to find out where he was so they could arrest him. I agreed and after several attempts to have him meet me, he finally did. After I knew where he was staying I contacted the detective and gave the specific cross streets. Two weeks later my ex calls me and invites me over to the house. The cops show up a few hours later to arrest him. I was also arrested for "hindering prosecution". Now I'm looking at 1 yr in prison!!!! Should I take this to trial?

Brian Strickman Strickman Law Office, PLLC

If you are looking at a potential prison sentence then I highly recommend that you request an attorney be appointed for you. The ability to obtain appointed counsel will depend on multiple factors including your income level.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Arizona