Arizona  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/17/13, 11:48 am

I am in Arizona and the petitioner in a divorce case. I served my husband with the divorce papers and before his response time was up he asked me to amend my petition and he said he was not going to respond. I amended my petition and as agreed he did not file a response. I filed my application for default after the time had run on the amended petition (I used to work as a paralegal for a family law attorney so I am somewhat familiar with time lines and such). I'm going to motion the court to have the default decree entered without a hearing. Do I have to send my husband a copy of the motion to have the decree entered without a hearing, since he has not filed an appearance in the case? And does my timeline (60 days after service) go by the original service or by the service of the amended petition?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search