Arizona  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/28/13, 1:04 pm

I am a Marine stationed in California my wife has been cheating on me and when confronted she left to AZ with our daughter with the intention of divorce. Can I charge her with kidnapping, adultery, and I would like to know if i take her to court can she get custody of my child who is a US citizen even though she is not?

1 Answer

Answered on: 8/29/13, 9:35 am by Carlie Owsley Walker

When a child is taken out of the child's home state the UCCJEA governs which jurisdiction has the authority to make a ruling regarding the physical custody of the minor child. You stated you are in the military and reside in CA, so I will assume CA is the child's home state. You are able to file the necessary documents for your child's return in CA. Without more information, it is difficult to tell you the best course of action. Please feel free to contact The Owsley Law Firm, PLLC for a free thirty minute consult to have more of your questions answered. (623)-748-8973.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

The Owsley Law Firm, PLLC 12725 West Indian School Road Suite C105 Avondale, AZ 85392

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search