Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Arizona

I live in Arizona and purchased a cabin 7 years ago. I understand that the statue of limitations is 3 years but there has to be something that can be done. I found out after contacting a contractor to come look at the cabin because one side of it was slanting. It is an illegal addition and cant be repaired due to the grade of the property and the earth to wood contact and also, it was built over a portion of the septic tank. I also found out that not only are there no permits for the addition, there are no permits for the main cabin. It was not disclosed when I bought the property from the realtor or the inspection. Any recourse?

Donald Scher Donald T. Scher & Associates, P.C.

The statute of limitations starts when you discover the fraud or breach of contract, etc.. You need to consult with an experienced attorney to review the paperwork and relevant facts to determine your rights and causes of action that you may bring against the seller and the real estate agents. There is fact finding to be done and the investigation will determine what course of action you may follow.

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Arizona