Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Arizona

My dad died in Texas and left $14K in a bank account. He was testate and named me the executor of his estate in a will. This account is all that is in the will. I live in Arizona. From what I read, AZ has a Small Estate Affidavit for instances like this, but it appears that since he died in TX I need to go through the TX courts and they do not offer the Small Estate Affidavit for testate individuals. Question...Where do I need to file...Arizona or Texas? Also, if it is TX, what is the procedure?

Asked on 2/04/13, 11:12 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cheryl Rivera Smith The Smith Law Firm
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

See if the bank will accept an affidavit of heirship. That should be all you need.

Read more
Answered on 3/31/13, 3:30 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Arizona

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now