Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Arizona

My husband died in 1998. No executor was assigned. I have a matured savings bond in his name. How do I get legally appointed as executor to redeem this bond? What form do I need to file?

Gloria Meyer Meyer Law Office

I recommend that you hire an attorney to help you with this. There are many laws that must be complied with and it is much more involved than just getting the proper form. However, if you want to try it on your own you can get more information from the self-service center located at the Maricopa County Superior Court. If the bond is worth less than $50,000 and it is the only asset that did not transfer automatically, it may be a simple procedure, but you still have to be aware of the relevant laws. You may contact me through my website: www.meyerlawaz.com if you have further questions.

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Arizona