Arizona  |  Wills and Trusts

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/18/10, 7:13 pm

My husband died in 1998. No executor was assigned. I have a matured savings bond in his name. How do I get legally appointed as executor to redeem this bond? What form do I need to file?

1 Answer

Answered on: 6/23/10, 3:11 pm by Gloria Meyer

I recommend that you hire an attorney to help you with this. There are many laws that must be complied with and it is much more involved than just getting the proper form. However, if you want to try it on your own you can get more information from the self-service center located at the Maricopa County Superior Court. If the bond is worth less than $50,000 and it is the only asset that did not transfer automatically, it may be a simple procedure, but you still have to be aware of the relevant laws. You may contact me through my website: if you have further questions.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Meyer Law Office 3800 S. Alma School Road, Suite 122 Chandler, AZ 85248-4499

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search