Arizona  |  Wills and Trusts

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/18/13, 7:01 am

My mother passed away in AZ in April. There are 4 children (beneficiaries). My oldest brother is POA. He and I are co-trustees of my Mom's trust.

I recently received a letter from a lawyer representing my brother to sign a Waiver of right to appointment as personal representative, waiver of bond, and joinder in appointment of personal representative. (He sent this to all siblings). I also received a letter of Resignation of Trustee to sign.

My concerns are that the trust be handled fairly. My brother told my sister and me that he'll make sure we don't get anything (from mom's estate), as we don't get along.

I thought a bond is like insurance to protect the beneficiaries.

I read that Arizona statutes require that a personal representative be appointed to administer probate. Do I have to sign these papers? Why would I have to resign as co-trustee?

Thank you for any advice

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search