California  |  Personal Injury

Chiropractic billed me after six years

I received a chiropractic bill around 2-25-08 for my daughter who was treated in 2002 and went to 3 visits but I am being billed for 22 visits and now they are telling me I need to have this resolved by March 13, 2008 because my daughter will be 20 and time will have run out.  I don't agree with the bill on the number of visits.  Am I responsibile for this after six years, do I have to pay it or contact the insurance company they sent the bill to?

Experienced Mesothelioma Attorneys - SEG Law

Simon, Eddins & Greenstone, LLP, (SEG Law) is one of the country's most prominent trial law firms specializing in representing victims of cancer caused from exposure to hazardous substances such as asbestos. The firm was built on a shared passion to diligently and compassionately serve each client through every step of the legal process.

For more information visit us at SEGlaw.com

Answered on: 3/15/08, 7:25 pm by Robert L. Bennett

Re: Chiropractic billed me after six years

I agree with parts of all three of my colleague's answers.

It is probably best, as pointed out by Mr. Roth, to have an attorney letter go out as an answer.

Law offices of Robert L. Bennett 2117 N. Baker St. Bakersfield, CA 93305

Answered on: 3/13/08, 3:10 pm by Mitchell Roth

No. Refer the to your lawyer. The lawyer should be able to resolve this with a letter for less than $100.

MW Roth, Professional Law Corporation 13245 Riverside Dr. Suite 320 Sherman Oaks, CA 91423

Answered on: 3/13/08, 3:21 pm by George Shers

The chiropractor is manipulating you on this. The time period to sue on a written contract to provide services is 4 years after the service was provided. It is not stayed by he minority. What the effect of her age has is that a minor under the age of 18 can not be held to a contract. So if she was the only one signing for the treatment their claim was barred at least 2 years ago and could not have been won anyway. If you signed, they are still two years too late to sue you and win.

Write thenm and point out they must know all of that so you are very disappointed that they try to get away with something like this. Also that you disagree on the number of visits they claim and the need to have so many treatments for a young girl [they heal rapidly and in general only a few treatments of any kind will reach maximum improvement quickly and then more treatments will do little if anything]. Tell them that unless you hear within 10business days to the contrary, you will assume they are dropping their claim. If they reject your position, you may have to turn it over to your insurance company [find out if it will have any effect on your premiums, etc.; if not let them handle it]. If your rates might go up, hire an inexpensive lawyer to write a legal, nasty letter to them.

Good luck.

Law Offices of Georges H. Shers 4170 Glenwood Terrace, Suite #1 Union City, CA 94587

Answered on: 3/13/08, 3:38 pm by Jonathan Stein

It depends. Was this for a car collision? Have you settled the case with the other party? Did you have an attorney? Did he pay the chiropractor?

I think there are a lot of questions that need to be answered first. It may not be the answer you want to hear, but I think more questions need to be answered before anyone can give you a definitive answer.

If you would like a free consultation, send me an email or call my office.

Law Offices of Jonathan G. Stein 5050 Laguna Blvd, Suite 112-325 Elk Grove, CA 95758